[HCDX]: Annular Solar Eclipse Aug 22

ANNULAR SOLAR ECLIPSE AUG. 22

On the Pacific and Asian morning of August 22, 1998, approx. 0000-0400 UTC,
there will be an Annular Solar Eclipse that runs from the Southern Central
Pacific, the Caroline Islands north of PNG, Kalimantan, the Malay
Peninsula, Sumatra, among many other islands, all the way to the Central
Indian Ocean. Most of the Pacific islands, Australia, NZ, and South and
Southeast Asia will see a partial eclipse of varying degrees. This is NOT a
total eclipse, but rather an annular one.

Although I know little technicalities, I believe the temporary absence of
sunlight and solar wind will quite possibly affect shortwave propagation in
this area in ways that would normally never be observed at this time of day.

There is detailed information about this eclipse at:
http://umbra.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/predictions/1998-august-22.html
And a graphic chart showing the areas:
http://umbra.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/predictions/charts/chart9808_p.gif

Thank you.