[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME TWENTY - NUMBER ONE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME TWENTY - NUMBER ONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 81
		VOLUME    TWENTY - NUMBER ONE

August 2nd 1998

Hello and welcome to this weeks edition.

Firstly we must Sincerely oplogize to "AW" re the item about the
association between "AW" and EMR. There is NO connection between the two
at this time, and it appears that the item submitted to us was grossly
out-dated.

			"SORRY AW."

Onto other items recieved this week:

					*******************

				ROCK-IT RADIO:

Rock-it Radio a subsidiary of N.O. Farms owned and operated by Benton
and Jan Owsley are pleased to announce the following----------------

Radio personality "Bennie Dingo" along with Rock-it Radio has been
indicted or wait that's inducted into the Rockabilly hall of fame today.
Enclosed is our letter to Rock-it Radio outlet station WCD  in Corpus
Christi Texas and then the news that Rock-it radio received.

Reminder you can now hear the Rock-it Radio show every Friday and
Saturday night (except this saturday tonight we are off air for
celebration purposes). but can be heard at http://www.palmsradio.com
from 8 p.m. to past 11 p.m. Pacific time.

archived shows can still be heard 24 hours a day at
http://www.palmsradio.com/rockittext.htm   <--- our webpage

                          In the mean time all the best,

                                 Bennie Dingo
                                 Rock-it Radio

				********************

				WEB PIRATE INFO:

Welcome to

web PIRATE

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/2875/pirate.htm

 web RADIO

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/2875/radio.htm

 web QSL

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/2875/qsl.htm

( via < worldnet@xxxxxx> )

				********************

				WREC SILENT:

  As of July 6th 1998 Radio Free East Coast has ceased it's free radio
operations on shortwave.
Since WREC was started 5 &1/2 years ago,I've had lots of fun with my own
programming as well as relaying other pirate stations but
the time has come to call it quits. I want to thank all of you for your
support over the years with reception reports,comments,etc.... it has
been
VERY much appreciated. My involvement in the hobby will always be a
positive experience.

  For those of you who sent reports for the 5th Anniversary program the
QSLs will be mailed out soon. So... this is WREC signing off. .
Thanks for listening and being there!

  I have the following equipment up for sale.

1) Heathkit DX-40 Transmitter (75 watts CW,60 watts AM): $90.00
2) MFJ Deluxe Versa Tuner 2 (Model MFJ-949E): $75.00
3) Kenwood TS-450SAT HF Transceiver (100 watts SSB,40 watts AM):
$1450.00
4) Crystals (7425,7413,7375,7380,7417,7561,6808.1,7435,6850 & 7527 kHz):
$10.00 each

 Both rigs are in excellent condition. If anyone is interested in any of
these items & wants more info let me know.

PJ Sparx
 <WRECRADIO@xxxxxxx>

				***************

				RADIO SPARKS:

Feel like listening to another Radio Sparks show? Check it out:

Special programming notes:  WRMI will air a special broadcast from Radio
Sparks, a "free radio" program from Switzerland, at 2000-2100 UTC on
Saturday, August 1 (in English, on 9955 kHz).

DON'T FORGET THE NEXT SWL LISTENERS FESTIVAL IN PA!!

Best wishes to you all.

Stevie
 <steven.willers@xxxxxxxx>
Radio 510 International:  http://www.radio510.org

				***********************

				TEXAS TWISTER RADIO:

HELLO FROM TEXAS!!!
  Everyone is invited to visit the TEXAS TWISTER WEBSITE
   and to hear our show in REAL AUDIO...
==REAL AUDIO PLAYER downloaded FREE  on our website!!!

     QSL Reports to our listeners!!!
<A HREF="http://www.effectweb.com/twister/";>TEXAS CYBER-TWISTER WORLD
WIDE RADIO SHOW</A>
You can email us at <A HREF="texastwisterradio@xxxxxxxxx">
texastwisterradio@xxxxxxxxx</A>
               or <A HREF="EHouck1@xxxxxxx">EHouck1@xxxxxxx</A>
 Or write to: TEXAS TWISTER WORLD WIDE RADIO
                     P.O.BOX 380567
                     Duncanville, Texas 75138  USA
 Thanks  for the listen and hope you enjoy the show ,
     ELTON "the hawk" HOUCK

				*********************

				LEGAL OR PIRATE ????

I just received this response from AFRTS re the new "stations" on
4278.5 and 12689.5.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

++++++++++++++++++++++
>Bill,

>"they" the re-transmitter of the AFRS signal is pulling it in off
>AFSTRS on the L Band and retransmitting (illegally).  I will be
>interesting when we find out.  I the meantime, hope you all enjoy,
>just like before 1986.

>Charles P. Barker
>Armed Forces Radio and Television Service Broadcast Center
>Affiliate Relations Customer Service

        Until we find out where this station is broadcasting from, it is
of
no use to try for a QSL.  The AFRTS HQ (the organization overseeing
AFN broadcasts) does not recognize this as a legitimate broadcast.

This is a message from "Bill Harms" <wharms@xxxxxxxxx>
( via HCDX - 29/7/98 )
				******************

			JAPANESE WWW SITES:

I became tired to outdated link lists and notoriously
inaccurate URL:s printed on WRTH, so I had to compile
myself a new link list to Japanese stations. I even
found some brand new webpages - at least I haven't seen
any clue of them anywhere before. (Aomori BC, R Fukushima, etc.)

Of course, if you haven't installed Japanese fonts, most
of the pages are gibberish to you, but so what. Even when
the text can be seen in kanji, most of us couldn't understand
it either... ;-) But the pages are colourful and funny.
Have a look:

http://www.sci.fi/~jln/lrh/jpwww.htm

Any additions and corrections are welcome! The URL:s for
Tokai Radio and RF Radio Nippon, for example, are still missing.
www.tokai.co.jp can tell you everything about Tokai Rubber
Company, but I think that's not what we want to know... :-)

(And while you are at it, try to brush up your Finnish with
the other pages of Lahti Radio Hobbyists.)

Best 73's
Jari Lehtinen
< jln@xxxxxx >
( via SWL/ HCDX - 27/7/98 )

				*****************

			SOUTH AMERICAN PIRATES:

-Times UTC

*RADIO COCHIGUAZ will be active again with his pirate activity on the
next 4/5 & 7/8 August 1998 relaying some free radio stations from its
site nr.3

-Frequency: 6980 khz LSB

-On Tue 4 Aug 1998
 2300-2346      Radio Blandengue

-On Wed 5 Aug 1998
 0000-0030      Radio Pasteur

-On Fri 7 Aug 1998
 2230-2330      Radio Torenvalk
 2330-0000      Radio Pirana International

-On Sat 8 Aug 1998
 0030-0130      Radio Torenvalk

*Maildrops & contact addresses:

*Radio Blandengue, Box 293, Merlin, Ontario N0P 1W0, Canada or by
 way of RB, Casilla 2571, 1000 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
 Email: radio.blandengue@xxxxxxx
*Radio Pasteur: Casilla 1852, 1000 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
 email: morales.arg@xxxxxxxxxx
*Radio Torenvalk, Postbus 94, 7038 ZH Zeddam, Netherlands.
*Radio Pirana International, by way: RPI, Casilla 2571, 1000 Buenos
 Aires, Argentina & also RPI, Box 109, Blur Ridge Summit, PA 17214,
 USA. Email: rpi@xxxxxxxxx    &    rpi@xxxxxxxxxxx
 &
*RC, by way: RC, Casilla 2571, 1000 Buenos Aires, Argentina or
 also RC, Box 109, Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214, USA.

*Only snail mail reports will be verified with a QSL, and please
 include 2 IRC for to cover the postal fees.

73 and FFFR !

 Cachito Mamani
 Radio Cochiguaz op.

E-Mail: radio.cochiguaz@xxxxxxx  &  rc@xxxxxxxxx

				*************************

					SWRS:

We will test tonight Saturday 31 on 75 m.b. with Crazy Wave Radio and
Radio Silver !

If you listen to this broadcast please send an e-mail to <swrs@xxxxxxx
>.

Thanks, good listening, Steve

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilaties for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568
or       : http://listen.to/swrs

				***********************

				RADIO FREE LONDON

5805kHz and 3945kHz
this Saturday evening and all day Sunday.

 This weeks line up:

 Terry Philips
 (That nice old Gentleman plays more old tunes
  from the past)

 Andy Walker
 (Featuring listeners letters and e-mails, plus radio
  news: Could EAP bounce back under a new name?)

 Kenny Myers
 (Classic album rock)

 Tony Randall
 (The happy homo and friends go "over the top" with
  high camp radio fun like you've never heard before)

 WARNING: Listeners of a certain sexual persuasion may
 find the Tony Randall and Andy Walker shows deeply
 offensive on this weekends broadcast. If you think you
 might be offended by these programmes DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM!

 RFL's 30th Birthday will take place over 9 days
 between Friday 7th to Sunday 16th August. We will be
 on air every evening from August 7th on 3945kHz.
 Then from Friday night 14th until Sunday night August
 16th we will add two more transmitters to the service
 5805kHz and 819kHz AM (to London) along with 3945kHz will
 stay on air throughout the weekend 48 hours non-stop.
 Some old names from the past 30 years of RFL will be
 heard with new programmes. These include original sixties
 member Mark Ashton, plus from the seventies and eighties
 Nigel Grant, Andy Allman, John Dawson and Mike Burrnett
 all plan to make an appearance. There could also be a
 surprise from one of the original "behind the scene"
 members, someone who was involved the in the
 Free Radio Campaign between 67-68 and became more well
 known on the offshore station RNI. A phone line will be
 available throughout the week and will be announced on air
 and with our next mail out next week.

 Please note the change of address for our web
 site below.

Snail mail: RFL, 101B, Kings Cross Road, London, WC1X 9LP
or RFL, BP 130, 92504 Rueil, Cedex, France.
Email: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
Check out the RFL web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/eire/RFL.htm

				********************

			ANTENNEX Number 16 OUT NOW !!!

We are pleased to advise that our August Issue is now out, which is
issue
number 16. With 4 fresh columns, this issue contains:

1) Where's the Current? by W5QJR
2) Screwdriver Antenna by K5YNR
3) Three Ways to Skin a Quad Loop by W4RNL
4) High Performance Low Cost DX Antenna by W5QJR
5) Portable 440 MHz Yagi by K5CNF
6) Optimizing a Beverage Antenna by K5CNF

Hope you enjoy it!

....Thanks & 73s

Web Site: http//www.antennex/

Jack L. Stone
antenneX
c/o Texas Capital Management
P.O. Box 72022
Corpus Christi, TX 78472
E-Mail:< jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

				*********************

				FREE RADIO BERKELEY:

FREE RADIO BERKELEY:
August 7th hearing regarding Federal injunction against Stephen Dunifer

On Friday, August 7, Federal Judge Claudia Wilken will hear oral
arguments  on a motion to alter or amend judgement of her ruling of June
16 that  enjoined Stephen Dunifer and, by extension, Free Radio
Berkeley, from  broadcasting without a license and from encouraging
others to do so.
Free Radio Berkeley founder, Stephen Dunifer, contends that the
injunction is overly broad in its language and a direct attack on his
free speech rights guaranteed by the First Amendment to the
Constitution.  The injunction was  issued on the basis that Dunifer
hadn't applied for a license from the FCC  and therefore had no standing
to raise the Constitutional issues in court.
However, there is no license available for a station under 100 watts
that
originates local programming. (Free Radio Berkeley was broadcasting at
60 watts.)

There are several judges who have expressed doubt about the
constitutionality of the current FCC policy banning stations with less
than 100 watts of power, including Judge Wilken in her first ruling on
the Dunifer case.  So far, the FCC has been able to avoid dealing with
this issue in court.

Friends of the station are calling for all supporters of Free Radio
Berkeley and the larger movement for low power community radio to come
to a demonstration at the Oakland Federal Building at 13th and Clay
Streets (City Center BART) at 9 AM on Friday, August 7.  The hearing
begins at 10 AM.

Please show your support for this vital First Amendment issue.  Because
the injunction is also directed at those who are acting iin concerti
with Stephen Dunifer, supporters are asked to bring musical instruments.

CONTACT: Sue Supriano,
  Tel: (510) 540-8850

  Joe Williams
  Tel: (510) 534-4487

  Stephen Dunifer
  Tel: (510) 464-3041

Paul Griffin
Tel: (510) 848-1455

				*******************

				RADIO SPIRITS:

"Radio Spirits" . Radio Spirits is the leading distributor of old-time
radio programs.

Well today their catalogue for Spring/Summer 1998 arrived and what a
great lot of old programs their are listed.

They do have a Website which I have yet to check out and it is as
follows.

        www.radiospirits.com

( via David Miller )

Until Next week - GOOD DXing AND OR BROADCASTING!!!!

73's
Graham J Barclay
KIWI RADIO - NEW ZEALAND
Email:	kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx