[HCDX]: 1559 - where is it ?

At 0101 UTC on 17 AUG 1998, I had a very strong signal
with apparent Arabic programming on 1559 kHz.  It was
tearing up WQEW-1560 with a tremendous 1 kHz het.  This
was received at the Robbins Road - Holmes Reservation
coastal DX site in Plymouth, MA, about 70 km southeast
of Boston.  Stations such as VOA Kuwait - 1548 and
Saudi Arabia - 1512 were very strong at the time, so
a Middle East location is suspected.  I had tentative
Iran - 1503 and Egypt - 1593 at the time; earlier (about
2335 UTC), there was a carrier coming in on 1566 ...
probably Iran, but possibly India or a clandestine.

The last time I heard something on 1559 was 22 OCT 1997
at 0004 UTC from the Rowley, MA  salt-marsh site.  This
was an Arabic station, so it's most likely the same thing.

Any information regarding the country from which this
originates will be greatly appreciated.

Mark Connelly - WA1ION