Re: [HCDX]: Buy SW-receiver in New York City

Re: [HCDX]: Buy SW-receiver in New York City

<< A friend of mine wants to visit New York City and buy a shortwave
 >  receiver over there.

If it's a portable J&R Music World on Park Place is generally regarded as the
cheapest. If it's a tabletop radio, there's no outfit in NYC I'd recommend
without reservations. I've always thought Barry Radio was overpriced and
hostile to SWLs. I'd deal with Universal-Radio.com or Grove.net by mail and
save the 8.5% NYC sales tax.