[HCDX]: Hauser's SW/DX 98-38

        GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 98-38, Sept 3, 1998

WORLD OF RADIO ON WWCR. Although it still appears in the new
September program sked on WWCR website, the Sat 0600 airing of
WOR on 5070 was canceled as of Aug 29, I am told by WWCR.
Remaining times are: Thu 1600 and 2030 on 15685, Sun 0630 and
0930 on 5070, Tue 1230 on 15685.

THIS WEEK ON WORLD OF RADIO 955: See topic summary posted at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/worldofradio/Wor955.html

COSTA RICA. RFPI finally reactivated 10 kW transmitter UT Sept
3 when 15049 was back at 0335 check and still on past 1330
when in French unlike 6975 which presumably went off around
0800. Pacifica News confirmed weekdays at 0030.

RFPI news from this week's Mailbag first airing Aug 28 but copied
Sept 2 at 0330 with James Latham and Joe Bernard: Eleventh
Anniversary Fiesta on the Air will be UT Sept 17 0000-0600,
extended two hours for benefit of west-coast listeners, Wed nite
NAm time; also with special programming before 0000. There will
be an 800 number for NAm call-ins, and with new funding hopes
also to resume some non-weekly call-ins during Far Right Radio
Review/Global Community Forum. (via Hauser)

ECUADOR. We are concerned about the audio distortion on HCJB
reported by Ernie Behr in your Sept MONITORING TIMES column, but
we are not using any Orban 9105a units (Roger Stubbe, CO, HCJB
World Radio paraphrased by Hauser)

IRELAND [non]. The following just in from Wesley Boyd at RTE
verseas in connection with Gaelic Hurling & Football SW specials
during September:

Live commentaries on All-Ireland Finals will be transmitted on
13 and 27 September at 1430 UTC on the following:

13690 via Sackville  to N. America
15360 via Singapore to SE Asia
15625 via Julich to N and W Africa
21670 via Julich to S. America
21745 via Meyerton to E.C. and S. Africa

The Hurling Final goes out on the 13th, Gaelic Football on the
27th. Duration of broadcast should be 90 minutes maximum. No tx
power or other such info supplied. (Finbarr O'Driscoll, Ireland,
REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING)

U S A. You reported on WOR that WSHB will be making seasonal
frequency changes today Sept 1. However, WSHB began using 18910
this past Saturday. They also plan to use 11550 from 21 to 24 UT,
replacing 15665 the first hour, and 13770 the final two hours.
Although WSHB has not been sold yet, the CS website reports that
the station has undergone a major reduction in staffing from 17
people some time ago, to only 9 now (Jim Moats, OH, REVIEW OF
INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING)

U S A. On the Mike Jarmus show, WWCR Monday 0300 UT, Mark
Emanuele stated the show Spectrum will return in mid October.
They said it should be at the same time and frequency on WWCR.
[UT Sun 0200 on 5070, 0300 winter time] (Alex Draper, VE3AHD,
Orillia, Ontario, Aug 31, WORLD OF RADIO 955)

U S A. Subject: Our New Show on WGTG. We have a show on [9400]
Sunday mornings at 1600 UT called Church and State. What we are
is a combo of one Liberal (ME) and one Conservative (John) with
a moderator to try and keep us on track (Mark). This Sunday will
mark our fifth show, and as you might imagine, response has been
slow. If you might include us in a WOR broadcast it might open
our show up a little bit to people who might not otherwise give
WGTG's frequency much of their listening time. I hurry to point
out that we are not engaged in soliciting donations or begging
for contributions, and the only thing that we sell is a CD by the
band that our producer belongs to. We do a musical break at the
bottom of the hour during each show and play original Rock music
by Jeff Spicher, and his band "Author Unknown".  Jeff is our
producer because it is in the basement studio where his band
records that we also record Church and State.

I have been a Short Wave listener for quite a few years, and I
must say that disestablishmentarian radio has fascinated as well
as appalled me for quite some time.  Some of the people doing
such radio, (pick your own examples, for I am not going to throw
rocks) are just plain nuts. Others are quite sincere, but the
talent level of the shows is not great.  Either way, I thought:
I wish I could do that! And when the WGTG airtime deal began to
be announced I thought about putting something of a left leaning
bent on the air. Further thought led me to include my friend John
who has been a militia member and is far to the right of me
politically. So what we have is sort of a "crossfire" on short-
wave. We have a web page set up at
http://mypage.goplay.com/churchandstate/ if you would like to
take a further look at information about our show.
(Jim Corsiatto, Aug 25, R.I.B. and WORLD OF RADIO 955)

I recall that this was on WRMI for a while on a monthly(?) basis,
15 mins and very hard to catch (Glenn Hauser)

U S A. A new classical music station has been heard testing on
the AM band--WAMS 1380 Wilmington DE, Aug 25 at 1310-1401. The
Philadelphia market is underserved in classical since the demise
of WFLN (FM) and there is hardly any classical to be heard on AM
since the demise of WQXR; there will be even less once CBC 740
and 940 are gone, so this is a welcome development (Joe Buch, DE,
WORLD OF RADIO 955)                                           ###