Re: [HCDX]: Is Passport to World Band Radio dead and gone ??

Re: [HCDX]: Is Passport to World Band Radio dead and gone ??

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:11:33 +0100 "Stig Hartvig Nielsen" <hartvig@xxxxxx>
writes:

>As usual I would have liked to buy a copy of the new edition of
>Passport To
>World Band Radio, which I think is a very good book and a good
>supplement
>to WRTH. Over the past few years I have had many problems ordering the
>book
>from the US.
>
>But now it seems the book is no longer being published ??
>
>I tried the web-site of Passport to World Band Radio/International
>Broadcasting Servicees Ltd. a couple of days ago - and today I
>checked
>their orderline - and in both cases all they announce is the one year
>old
>1998 edition. Sic!
>
>Anyway I forwarded an order by fax on September 29th to Passport to
>World
>Band Radio asking for a confirmation of my order by fax or by e-mail.
>As of
>today still no reply.
>
>Today I then tried to call the office in the US - and all I got was
>an
>answering machine.
>
>So does anyone know if they have stopped publishing this excellent
>handbook
>?????

Within the last month, I have seend advertisements for pre-publication
orders, and even a picture of the 1999 edition.  I have not heard of any
news that it would not be published - unless this is something that has
happened very recently.  I will investigate further.

73,

J.D. Stephens
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx