[HCDX]: [HCDX] Hello and a question.

Hello everyone,

I've just joined HCDX and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Mike and I have been interested in short wave for some years now.
My QTH is Gloucester UK.
HF Radio's are: Sony 2001D and Yaesu FRG-100.
VHF/UHF Radio is; Realistic PRO 2005.

HF Antenna systems are: Palstar AA30 and 30 foot wire.
CM Howes AA2 and 5 foot telescopic.

VHF/UHF Antenna system is; CM Howes SPA4 mast head amp
with a discone.

Now for my question.

Can anybody shed some light on a out of band station that I picked up a
while back?

24/9/98 at 17:25 UTC on 9164.9 AM.

At 17:25 it sounded as if it was English, but on USB there was a data burst
so I had to listen on LSB.

At 17:30 there were chimes but again a data burst started this time on both
USB and LSB making it impossible to hear the weak station.

I think I have taped the chimes and could make a WAV file of them if it
would help in ID ing this station

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards from

Mike Trodd.

Please read the following!

Have you heard of hidradenitis Suppurativa? Do you maybe know someone with it?
Can you help or do you want more information about this cruel skin disease
that is affecting as many as 1 in 300 people world wide today?
If you answered yes then please mail me or visit the following web site.

<http://www.moose-hoose.demon.co.uk/hidradenitis.html>

Thanks for your time, this is not an advert!