[HCDX]: logs 11-14 OCT (parallel effort to NF '98) -Reply

[HCDX]: logs 11-14 OCT (parallel effort to NF '98) -Reply

<WA1ION@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> 1035 | PORTUGAL | RDP R. Comercial, Lisboa, OCT 11 2312 -
> PP pop music; poor. [Connelly*O-MA] + OCT 14 0103 - emotional
> PP vocal; fair with WBZ phased. [Connelly*R-MA]
[...]

This station is now called Radio Nacional. Anyway, I think it still belongs
to Radio Comercial, but definitely not to RDP (Radiodifusao Portuguesa),
in spite of its name. Radio Comercial itself does not belong to RDP any
more; it was privatised several years ago. This frequency of
1035 kHz had been silenced for a rather long time, but now it came back
with its new name and horrible music. The name Radio Comercial is
still used on VHF.

I have also noticed sometimes the reappearance on the air of the
transmitter at 783 kHz, from Oporto (Porto), also with Radio Nacional
(same program as Lisbon). It seems they have been doing tests on this
frequency and probably will be transmitting soon in a regular basis.

Radio Expo, a special multilingual broadcast of RDP on 756 kHz  //
103 MHz FM, Lisbon, is now over. Expo' 98, held in Lisbon, is finished.

Fernando de Sousa Ribeiro