Re: [HCDX]: St Helena

Richard Dale wrote:

> >From the central U.S., near Kansas City -- SSB signal almost completely
> inaudible on 11092.5 from 2230 to 2308 UTC.  I thought I
> heard some chimes or fanfare around 2258 and some voice following, but
> could not positively identify the words.

I don't listen much to SW, but because of the hype, and the fact that this
might be the last of St. Helena transmissions, I thought I'd give it a
listen.

I got fair to good copy on 11092+ USB on a RS DX 400 using just the built-in
whip, from 2205. I say 11902+ because the 400 has only 1 kHz reolution. This
was with an on-the-air interview of a Montreal listener after trumpet
fanfare. The only problem was that occasionaly I had to adjust the 400's BFO
setting, as it was somewhat unstable.

Later, I disconnected the Kiwa/MFJ 1025 phaser system from my Icom R71A,
and  attached it to a 10 metre wire, and got very good copy on 11.092.5 USB,
taping the broadcast to the end of the tape.

>From the reports that I've seen, it appears that perhaps propagation was
more favourable towards the northern part of the Americas. Certainly, I had
no problem hearing them in Southwetstern Ontario, Canada.
--
Regards,
Werner Funkenhauser

The WHAMLOG Page: http://home.inforamp.net/~funk