re: [HCDX]: RE: UNID Arab 1566

Actually there are at least two groups that use this U.S. run transmitter in
Kuwait:

1) The London-based Iraqi National Accord - which broadcasts as Al Mustaqbal
(The Future)

2) A station which identifies as "This is Iraq... Voice of the Armed Forces"
 OR Voice of The Brave Armed Forces OR Voice of the Internal Security Forces
(in Arabic of course)

I suspect that Karel heard the second of these stations (i.e. NOT Al
Mustaqbal). Although Al-Mustaqbal does verify reception reports on its own
programme, don't expect them to verify reports on the other stations. I
haven't seen any address for the latter (and they probably wouldn't reply
anyway). I suppose you could try c/o US Embassy, Kuwait.

According to a report by Nick Grace on the Clandestine Radio Intel web site
this transmitter and the stations that use it are funded by the CIA. Check
http://www.qsl.net/yb0rmi/iraq.htm

73s Dave Kenny
-------------
Original Text
>From owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, on 30/10/98 08:53:

Karel,
You heard Al-Mustaqbal, or the Future - A radio Station of Iraqi=20
National Accord.  Heard quite often with strong signal.  Clandestine=20
radio intel gives address:    P.O. Box 3124, London SW19 1RL, United=20
Kingdom=20

Their home page  (http://www.iraq-free.demon.co.uk/pub_radio.html)=20
states that: "On 21 April 1996 Al Mustaqbal (The Future) the INA=20
radio station made its first broadcast into Iraq. It's opening words=20
were,   "This is The Future, the radio of the Iraqi National Accord,=20
a    voice for all the Iraqis confronting oppression and=20
dictatorship,    a voice that looks forward to a safe future for a=20
new Iraq."     A daily 3 hour broadcast can be heard on medium wave=20
1557-1584Khz    at 1700hrs and repeated up until 0700hrs."=20

73's jhy Jyrki Hyt=F6nen