Re: [HCDX]: Beverage matching/tuning/balun

Re: [HCDX]: Beverage matching/tuning/balun

My suggestion is to try it both ways, with co ax and without co ax. Here
on the Oregon Coastthe co ax works better.
As far as runs, I am not sure if you are just interested in the MW band
or SW. At MW frequencies the loss is less that 1 DB  per 100 feet. I
have taken my receiver out to where the antenna connects on to the coax
and tryed it there.  I notice no difference in signal.  For 3 on my
antennas I run about 70 feet of RG59 or RG6. For the other antenna the
run is about 180 feet of RG59. Our area is wet alot of the year and most
of the coax runs under the house and is then buried in the ground. It
has been out there for several years and it still works well.
Are far as the antennas interacting with each other, yes I get some but
it isn't enough to worry about. All my antennas come in to the junction
boxes right next to each other, including the vertical. The antennas do
run different directions away from each other though.
Hope that helps.
73s, Patrick