Re: [HCDX]: FAVORABLE RECEIVER

As 1998 coming to an end. Can we vote for a receiver that we have used and believe it suits our hobby. To start I have the JRC 345, Drake SW2, and the AOR7030. Eventhough the 7030 is rated as five star receiver I really enjoy working with my JRC345. I will give a separate report in the coming days of the advantages and disadvantages of my receivers as a causal listener.
Regards

Among others I use 3 main receivers:
AOR AR7030, DRAKE R8 and LOWE HF-150.
AOR and Drake are identical (= excellent), HF-150 is very good as a portable receiver, thanks also to its batteries (if you use NiCd, they are charged automatically inside the receiver and then they work for 5 or more hours when you are outside...).
When I have to decide what receiver to buy today, I think I would choose Drake R8B.

Two days ago I was told about tests of ICOM R8500 made by three members of our DX club with surprisingly good results. They were comparing this wide range receiver with NRD535DG on frequencies up to 30 MHz and they found almost all parameters as excellent. They say it is much better than AR5000, especially thanks to its excellent AM part.

But not always an excellent receiver brings excellent results, always a portion of enthusiasm and patience must be present...

GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik,
the Czech Republic, in the middle of Europe