Re: [HCDX]: Signal on 9810 kHz

At 09.27 9.1.1999 +0100, you wrote:
>This morning btwn 0720-0740z I heard an extremely faint signal on 9810u with
>program in English language and music which sounded like a Polynesian church
>choir. From 0730 on the signal mixed with CNR2 (Mandarin service). When I
>switched from USB to LSB, CNR was still on but the other station was gone.
>Could that other station have been Kiribati? They did have problems with
>their transmitter last year, but the problem was supposed to have been
>resolved by the end of the year. Any similar receptions?

I heard it, too, but couldn't get any ID or acceptable program details. It
was very very very weak. In fact I noted a signal here very often last year
when CNR wasn't there (and VoR not yet audible), but was never able to get
a reasonable audio out of it. Did anyone further north try it (I'm in
mid-Finland)?

73, Mauno