Re: [HCDX]: WRTH 1999 debate question

Greetings.I only just yesterday received my 1999 WRTH in the mail from
Grove.I have been reading for several weeks the Internet stories about
the latest edition,and couldn't understand what the 'Hoopla' was all
about.BUT when I recieved the WRTH the first thing I noticed it seemed a
bit fatter......then inside I saw to my dismay they messed around with
the format.....having the International SW stations sepeate from MW and
Domestic SW,then there is the usual FM/TV section.
 I guess I don't like the changed format,and wonder why they saw fit to
change it.By the way,I have been buying the WRTH since 1965,so I kinda
know the thing inside and out,and have to relay on it as
traditional,eeven though the PASSPORT is fast becoming the other MUST TO
HAVE DX book !!
  Heck,I can recall when the PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO came in TWO
different editions,the TROPICAL section and the INTERNATIONAL BANDS.You
had to buy TWO books.I however liked the melding of both in one book
back in the 80's.
  Also the 99WRTH seems to lack the equipment reviews we have come to
expect.Sure they review SW receivers,but I likjed all those reviews in
the past on Commercially available Loops,Preselectors,
Filters,Tuners,etc.....
                       Tom Messer River Falls Wisconsin