[HCDX]: Re: Grounding

Alf,
I have read with interest your matter on grounding your gear. I would strong
recommend you to modify your rods distribution. It is OK if you bury a high
number of copper rods, but trying to rise the conductivity it is much more useful
and positive to bury a metallic net (a copper one would be ideal) and then
distribute the rods in between, firmly solded with an acetilenum solding unit.
You can bury your metalic net 30 or 40 cm deep. That's much better that if you
use much long rods with so small surface in contact with earth.
Believe me, overall results will be outstanding, if the rest of the instalation is
properly achieved.

Hope this helps. 73, Pax et DX
Jorge Garzón
Mairena del Aljarafe (Spain): 37.2149N 06.0250W 65 m.a.s.l.
LW/MW: ICOM R71-A, SONY ICF-2010, DX Ultra Aerial + Loops
FM: SONY ST-S370 + 2x5el stacked yaguis
Member: MEDI DX, BDXC-UK, British FM&TV CIRCLE, NDB Reflector