[HCDX]: Fwd: Re: Fw: 1460 ON AIR TESTING TODAY!

[HCDX]: Fwd: Re: Fw: 1460 ON AIR TESTING TODAY!

--- Begin Message ---
Pat: Please forward this E-mail on to your massive list of DX'ers for
me.  Thanks...

Robert Wien
E-mail addresses: rjwmail@xxxxxxxxx
or wienrobert@xxxxxxxxxxx (home)
robert.wien@xxxxxxxx (work)

--- Begin Message ---
No, for now 1460 will be only testing daytime, getting groundwave set and
going tower by tower, then getting it up to 10kw and then getting the
pattern right etc, so it will be a long and slow process, but the ce says
you will notice more music/audio during the daytime this week, as the Clear
Channel technical consultant has sent two other engineers to help with the
xmtr and tower site...Our CE is Mike Blankenbeckler, better known as "Radio
Mike"....His email is radiomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've already given that address to Rich Toebe...Gosh, 1460's been off since
around 1991, haven't you heard everything on the frequency you're going to
hear already?! Hi....Oh, well, good things can't last forever, sorry, but
it's not my fault...They're sharing KCTY-980's new tower site NE of Salinas
off Old Natividad Road..KCTY is also supposed to go 10kw day, don;'t know
what their night power will be...1460 will be 10/10....We were hoping it
would simulcast KOCN, Oldies 105, but Mike had to get the order in for new
equipment, since all our stations move into new offices and studios with new
equipment in the next few months...So, looks like 1460 will be a "classic
country" format from Jones Sat. Network when it goes on air, likely with
different calls...

So, try 1460 again during daytime tomorrow and every day for next several
weeks,...I'll let everyone know when night testing will begin...Mike says he
will do DX test for club if he can get remote control set up so he won't
have to go to xmtr site in middle of night, but that will still be quite a
while from now..

73

Jim