Re: [HCDX]: Re: beverage question

That is very interesting as I have never had much luck with it here.
What type of wire do you use (size)?

Patrick Martin

--- Begin Message ---
Patrick Martin wrote:
>I would guess running a beverage over dry ground would work OK, even
>though I have never tryed it. Here on the Oregon Coast, the Ground it
>too wet most of the year to run it on the Ground. I  have tryed wires
>close to the Ground and they didn't work well here.

I would say that it works pretty good.
For years I have been running some 300 meters of wire on the ground on wet,
and often snowcovered, fields during Christmas time. All to get better
signals from North American MW stations.
And the wire-on-the-ground (sometimes in the snow, as well) works fine,
giving the desired signals which I do not get on the longer, and better
erected, beverage towards Latin America.
So go out and do it.
It works just fine.
I, and many others, having also been doing this for years way up north in
Scandinavia.
Sure, a more engineered beverage will work better, but as a quick and dirty
solution these wires gives you a lot of nice, desired signals.