Re: RCN/VEA (was Re: [HCDX]: Bonita AM)

>Hello Karel,
>9 09:00, you wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>on Jan 29th I caught Bonita AM, Mexico on 1590 kHz with fair signal
around
>>>0620 UTC with id "Bonita, lider nacional ... desde la ciudad de Mexico"
and
>>>typical music.
>>>Thomas, SE-Germany
>>
>>Good catch, Thomas!
>>It really pays to watch the MW band during the Sunrise period.
>>This morning  (JAN 31) there was TGVE - R. VEA from Guatemala on 1569.94
kHz
>>from ca. 0555 until 0645 fade out ... , plus some more stations, UNID for
me
>>as I have been concentrated to the Guatemalan one.
>
>Are you shure? I've been on the same freq. (i.e. 1569.95) at the same time
>(31.1: 0550-0650) and heard RCN-Honduras all the time (news format) with
>clear id at at 0600 (Radio Cadena de Noticias).
>Thomas

Hi,
it is interesting! But it does not surprise me too much, I still remember
that my friend in Prague (100 Km from here) heard something else on the same
MW frequency, at the same time, but on the other day he heard the same
station as I heard ...

I am quite sure I heard Radio VEA (unfortunately I have no recording), I
heard "VEA" several times and two times something what sounded like "TGVEA",
not TGVE what the station´s call is.
The format was religious (evangelical - mentioned several times), no news
format. Every ca. 10 minutes there was a kind of promotional pre-recorded
announcement.

When I heard RCN (Honduras) last time, they were on 1569.96 kHz with a
typical news format and with very clear dots ( ... ) between the news items.
Even when the station was almost inaudible, these dots were clearly heard. I
do not know whether they use this dots "jingle" still today.

Another station which could be heard on this frequency in our part of Europe
is Radio Amanecer (DOM) but it is an Adventist church station, I think (they
have -or had- frequent promos for Universidad Adventista Dominicana).

I think my listening was quite "neutral" at that time, I think I did not
hear what I wished to hear (but it already happened to me too the other
day). It would be very interesting to compare recordings (but I have no one)
made at the same time at me and at you, Thomas, near Nurnberg, Germany, what
is ca. 170 Km from my town Plzen (Pilsen) in the western part of the Czech
Republic.

I keep saying that the Sunrise time can bring us unexpected catches.
Does it work all over the world?

GOOD Sunrise DX to everyone !   (...who is not lazy to get up so early)

Karel Honzik,
the Czech Republic