[HCDX]: Bougainville

PAPUA NEW GUINEA.Bougainville clandestines: I asked Sam Voron about an
unidentified station I heard signing off at 1110 on 3865 kHz. He gave an
overview of the broadcasting situation:
Radio Independence of Bougainville broadcasts on 3850 kHz broadcasts from
1000 to 1130. It is operated by the Meekamui government (Meekamui means
Bougainville or ?holy land? in central Bougainville language.)
Radio Free Bougainville operated by the Bougainville Revolutionary Army
broadcast on 3865 kHz until January 1998, when the signed the cease fire
agreement. The frequency is used now by BRA?s political arm, the
Bougainville interim government and the station identifies itself as Radio
Paru Paru.
Radio United Bougainville was operated by the Papua-New Guinean Defense
Forces on 3880 kHz. They stopped broadcasts a year ago.

73, Mauno
Finland