[HCDX]: Antarctica very strong

Heard Radio Nal. Arcangel San Gabriel February 21st with a very strong and
clear signal from tune in at 2325 UTC on 15475.8 kHz with continous pop
music and a few IDs in Spanish saying that this was a test transmission
with their new 10 kW transmitter.

WWBS heard with an English ID incl. their E-mail address at 0040 UTC on
February 22nd on 11900 kHz. Strong signal but also a good deal of
interference = poor reception.

Yerevan, Armenia logged on 1392.18 kHz on Februar 17th at 0205 UTC with a
multilingual ID !!

Radio Independencia, Brazil, noted with a clear ID on 1440 kHz on February
13th at 0158 UTC. Wonder if they are running full power at this time?

And what is this: On 1400 kHz at 0159 UTC on February 15th I heard a
Spanish speaking station saying things like: "En los Estados Unidos .... en
Miami ... RCN Miami. Desde Miami, Florida ..."   Weak signal strenght. The
RCN part is only tentative. In my NRC AM Radio Log (Oct 1998) I dont see
any Spanish speaking stations from Miami. So - perhaps this was one of the
Colombian RCN stations with a broadcast from Miami --- or ????

Ebenezer 12-20 from Honduras in the clear at 0400 UTC on February 14th with
a Spanish ID and a musical programme on 4930.64 kHz.

Stig Hartvig Nielsen,
Denmark