[HCDX]: RE: hard-core-dx V4 #885 RCN and CARACOL

[HCDX]: RE: hard-core-dx V4 #885 RCN and CARACOL

> Elmer D. Escoto R. wrote:
>

> >About RCN: There is a weekly newspaper published in most of Latin
> America called "Tiempos del
> >Mundo" or "Times of The World", and I remember having seen an ad for
> RCN Miami with photographs of
> >some of their people; I don't remember if they announced a frequency,
> but I'll look for the paper
> >where I saw it, and post again.

	[Bob Foxworth]  This is probably a foreign news bureau, such as
CBS News Paris,
	or NBC News London.

> >Another spanish speaking: While I was in Miami last December I
> noticed several taxi cabs with
> >CARACOL stickers, anouncing the frequency 1460 kHz.
> >

> Don't you mean 1360 kHz;  WKAT Miami FL is calling itself "RCN en
> Miami"
>
> Hakan Sundman
> Helsinki

	[Bob Foxworth]  Another possibility, a cab driver went back to
Colombia to visit,
	returned here with stickers from his 'home town' station, put
them on the cars
	of everyone in his taxi fleet. Look for the simplest solution
first, hi

	RCN is Radio Cadena Nacional, CARACOL is I believe, CAdena
RAdial COLombiana.
	I think they are separate organizations, if so 1360 and 1460
would not be similar
	(I am doing this from memory so don't flame me if I am wrong)