[HCDX]: ANTENNAS

After a very bad wind  storm last Tuesday Night with winds over 100 MPH
in gusts, I got out and checked my Northern Beverage. After pulling the
wire from under downed trees and such, I got it up and running. Tonight,
KINY-800-Juneau and KTKN-930-Ketchikan are back with decent quality. So
it pays to check out antennas after storms. My Eastern Beverage gets
checked often as it is easier to get at running a foot or so above the
barbed wire fence, but the Northern one is in the underbrash wih lots of
Blackberry bushes. No matter what I do, I always come back with
scratches. But it is worth it. I gained 2-3 S Units by getting the
beverage back up to 5-6 feet. It was a  real mess. High Level, AB Canada
530 with their 250 watts was running S9 dor a while too and CX aren't
really to  great to the North tonight.
With all the rain we have been having the ground is really soaked so the
Ground Rods are really doing well too.
So if you have anennas out there check them often, especially after a
storm.
73s, Patrick
On the wet Oregon Coast
North America USA