[HCDX]: Re: 15140 kHz rectification

At 10:53 11.03.99 +0100, you wrote:
>This has given me an idea. Years ago, when I worked at BBC Monitoring, we
>had a set of indexed cassettes containing standard announcements of all the
>shortwave broadcasters around the world, in all their languages.
>
>There are plenty of sites on the Web with interval signals, and some also
>have annnouncements, but they are by no means complete.

That sounds very good and I will be ready to contribute to this project.
However,  we all know that interval signals and identifications of
radiostations are also subject to alterations, so for that such websites
should be permanently updated. An example is the mentioned Radio Oman.
Another interesting one also from the Arabic countries is Abu Dhabi. For a
certain time (I first observed it in December 1998) the station identifies
itself no more with "Idha'tu-l-imarat al-muttahida min Abu Dhabi" (=Radio
of the United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi), but with "Idha'tu imarat  min
Abu Dhabi" (=Radio  Emirat  in Abu Dhabi). The question is if this change
has only a form aspect or the problems lie deeper.

>It seems to me that this is the perfect opportunity for a worldwide
>collaborative project, to build up an indexed online store of all the
>announcements, searchable by language. It could be mirrored in more than one
>location.
>
>Does anyone feel sufficently energetic to pursue this idea, or is it just a
>pipe dream?

73 and 55

Erich Bergmann