[HCDX]: Happy Easter from the Electronic DX Press, Australia!

[HCDX]: Happy Easter from the Electronic DX Press, Australia!

To all recipients of the EDXP -

I would like to wish all members of the EDXP worldwide community a very
Happy Easter. Here in Melbourne, the nights are getting cooler, and maximum
daytime temperatures are now only about 18 degrees C. The national football
competition has started - the Australian Football League, and attendances
at the First Round of matches played last weekend was in excess of 220,000.
My own team is Hawthorn (a Melbourne suburb) which I have supported for
some 50 years! Yes, I was one of the 50,000 fans who went to the hallowed
Melbourne Cricket Ground last Sunday afternoon to share in our team's 15th
successive win! Our theme song is to the tune of "Yankee Doodle Dandy. You
can watch AFL live on Australian satellite TV. A great game!!!

You may be interested that admission into the arena is A$13.50 (about
US$8.00) and a good old Australian pie and sauce costs A$2.70 (about
US$1.50).

At this time of year, we should reflect on the true meaning of the
Christian Easter, and let us hope that the troubles in the Balkans are soon
over. I would like to present the "Prayer of Serenity" for you:

    "God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the
    things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference".

You will be pleased to know that the Electronic DX Press newsletter will
resume this coming weekend, following my temporary indisposition. Your
input and support would be appreciated!

Along with my colleagues who comprise the EDXP Advisory Council (Mick
Ogrizek, Craig Tyson, and Matt Francis), I wish everyone a safe and Happy
Easter.

Bob Padula
EDXP Convenor
404 Mont Albert Rd