[HCDX]: Re:Log/ Radio Cultura Sao Paulo

>6170 29MARCH99 2315 Radio Cultura-Sao Paulo-Brasil with relay of
>px "RADIO NACIONAL DO AMAZONIA" 23322 RuV. >Ruud Vos

The "Fundação Padre Anchieta" and the São Paulo State Governament are the
sponsors of "RTC - Rádio e Televisão Cultura".

RTC is one of the most important public broadcasting service in America,
with a large number of international journalistic and educational awards
received. Since 1990, these domestic radio services are avariable for SWL's
and for such time via Brasilsat for south americans viewers. These are the
radio info:

- Radio Cultura "OM":
Created in 1936. The main focus is the MPB ("Brasilian Popular Music") with
very interesting interviews and music selections that provide (for me, one
brasilian) the best brasilian cultural programation.
Active in these frequencies:

Call: ZYK520 in 1200 kHz.
TX: Harris 50.000 Watts and Phillips 10.000 Watts (support).
Ant: Triangle with 70 meters high and 60 meters in the sides.
Others: Orban 125% modulation (positive) and 100 % (negative).

Call: ZYE 961 in 17.815 Mhz (16 m) and 9.615 Mhz (31 m).
Cultura "OM" relay.

- Radio Cultura "FM":
Created in 1971 at 88.9 MHz relaying the "OM" transmitions but in 1982 the
radio changes to 103.3 MHz and begun a great programation  in classical
music with very interesting special times for jazz, blues, world music and
brasilian instrumental music. A large numbers of the speackers are
"regents" with great radio professonals. The news times are about the
cultural activities in São Paulo city with current headlines. The radio
have more than 2000 CDs and 10.000 hours of recording programs. One special
magazine called "Revista Concerto" provide the listener guide of
programation. The tech info. are:

Call: ZYE 820 in 103,3 MHz
TX: Harris 35.000 Watts, another with 20.000 Watts for support.
Ant: Circular polarization with 6 elements, besides the great TV tower in
the West part of the city, 111 meters high.
Others: Orban 6 bands, 100 % modulation.

Call: ZYE 959 in 6.170 MHz (49 m)
Cultura "FM" Relay.

- Letters to RTC:
Fundação Padre Anchieta - Centro Paulista de Rádio e TV Educativas
(Paulista's Radio-TV Center)
Rua Cenno Sbrighi, 378, Água Branca, São Paulo - SP - Brazil - CEP 050990-900.

- RTC web site at:
http://www.tvcultura.com.br/

Good hunting !

73 DX DE Flavio Archangelo