Re: [HCDX]: UNAUTHORISED RELEASE OF CONFIDENTIAL HFCC DATA

Re: [HCDX]: UNAUTHORISED RELEASE OF CONFIDENTIAL HFCC DATA

>To All:

>13. The public release of the ABU data is to be condemned

OK. Capital punishment would suit you?

>I cannot support the excuse offered that he
>was unaware of any restrictions on forwading this data to others.

Oh, come on! Paul says he's sorry, that he didn't know, and has promptly
withdrawn so sensitive an information. What should we do, drop a bomb on
him? Are we talking about NATO's tactical frequencies in Kosovo?

>All information is Copyright, at the moment of its publication, and I
>regard it
>as astonishing that someone would distribute a 500K compressed file
>globally, without recognising its confidentiality.

Paul likes to listen to the radio, like averyone else here. It's not that
astonishing, considering the number of lists being published every single
second.

>We are not talking about
>a trivial set of data concerning the schedule of some minor broadcaster,
>but rather high level, sensitive, and confidential information of strategic
>and commercial importance.

I'm getting you loud and clear, you're right. But I think you' being a
little too stern here, let's put this in less vital perspective. I don't
think there's so much at stake when data about publicly accessible
international broadcasts are involved, isn't it? Broadcasters will continue
participating to associations they're paying for, people will still pay for
WRTH or Passport. ILG, for instance, is being distributed in the public
domain to active listeners and is intended to be a commercial initiative
for broadcast professionals.
Copyright rules have been violated very temporarily and without malice;
excuses have been put forward. I find it astonishing that you should react
so angrily.

Regards,
Andy