[HCDX]: audio improvement

Last week at a local Ham Fest I picked up for 5 bucks, a neat little
box.(perhaps from the 80's)

made by Phoenix Sytems, it is called a Delayed Enhanced L-R Encoder,

what it does is create a stereo spatial effect of a monoural signal or
increases

the seperation of a stereo signal.

It has two inputs(left and a right) and 5 outputs front L and R , rear L
and R plus centre.

It may have been used in a large hall or church for audio
mixing/enhancement.

The neat thing is that it enhances nicely monoural medium wave and
shortwave broadcasts

making them "nicer" to listen to.

Currently I have the diode detector output off of my vintage Hammurlund
SP600 JX

inputted to a JVC Hi Fi amplifier and a couple of large inch 3 way
speakers.

Believe me the radio sounds far different than ever before.

Kind of a neat improvement.

Have a great weekend.

73 de Jerry KC2UT

Syracuse, NY