RE: [HCDX]: RFO Tahiti

Okay guys, here is an excerpt from my logbook from 30 Mar 99 concerning my
RFO logging:

0604: classical music, followed by announcement by female speaker in French
(weak), Tahiti
      mentioned
0615: announcement by YL, harp music in background, followed by ID: Radio
Tahiti (weak)
0632: program preview of France Inter PX commencing at 0700z

inbetween several French chansons. Doesn't sound like a WYFR broadcast, does
it?

Sorry, no details for 31 Mar and 1 Apr 99. Concerning interference by WYFR,
no, I did not hear it on 30 Mar 99. This may or may not be unusual, but keep
in mind that Helsinki is about 3000km from my QTH. I think it's very
feasible that you guys hear WYFR when I hear Tahiti on the same frequency. I
know of incidents where 2 OM's located only a few hundred kilometers away
from each other have received two different stations on the same frequency
at the same time with no trace of the other station being heard by the other
person.

There is no doubt that my QTH favors the reception of signals from the South
Pacific. I have logged and verified both BC and utility stations from
Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Tahiti, Fiji and many other South
Pacific countries. BUT: ERRARE HUMANUM EST. If someone proves me wrong I
won't argue any further. But some shrink has to explain to me then why my
ears keep hearing a Tahiti ID when in fact the station is WYFR. I have heard
both stations numerous times in the past and I'm reasonably sure I can tell
them apart.

Also, Charles Boehnke reported from Hawaii that he receives RFO every day.

Vy 73,

Enzio Gehrig
Denia, Spain (38.50N 00.04E)
NRD-535D, AR-3030, MTA, GS-2 ML-1-S