[HCDX]: Broadcast station fined for 160-meter spurious

[HCDX]: Broadcast station fined for 160-meter spurious

Just found the following in:

The ARRL Letter
Vol. 18, No. 15
April 9, 1999

* Broadcast station fined for 160-meter spurious: An AM station in Florida
was fined $7000 by the FCC for various technical violations including
radiating an excessive signal on 1909 kHz--in the JA DX window. WINV in
Inverness also was cited for EAS deficiencies and for not having its public
file available. Well-known Georgia Top Band operator Tom Rauch, W8JI, had
noticed the spurious on 1909 and contacted the station. "After four
unsuccessful attempts to get them to correct the problem, their switchboard
operator said, 'If we are bothering you way up in Georgia, why don't you
just call the FCC and quit calling us?'" Rauch reported. "Just to be
helpful, I did exactly what she asked!" Rauch said it took the FCC just a
week to visit the station following his complaint. "It's great to see the
FCC is back in business!" he said.