Re: [HCDX]: DSWCI, DSWCI and DSWCI ...

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Robert Montgomery wrote:

> Maybe it is time to move on.  Sooner or later if enough do so and they loose
> membership, they might wonder why.  NASWA is always looking for new members!
> Bob Montgomery

I guess all, or at least most, clubs are looking for new members. But that
has got nothing to do with this.

A DXer can be a member of many clubs. In DX contests. at least in NORDX
annual contest, the DXer himself has the right to choose what club he
wants to represent (the club he sees as his primary club). And, in
addition to the personal contest, there is also a country contest and a
club contest.

What DSWCI did was that they featured this in their magazine so that they
didn't mention anything about the club contest, and counted all DWSCI
members (also "secondary members or subscribers") to credit their club and
also highlighted the good participation from their club.

The DWSCI will surely discuss this in their annual meeting to be held
soon. My opinion is that this is not a big thing, but a small correction
would help. And that in the future the results would be published more
comprehensively.

73's

Risto Vahakainu
EDXC  / FDXA