[HCDX]: Canada

<<< today, in the local morning I heard at 0303 hours on 1400 kHz an English
 speaking station with news followed by ID "This is the Northern Service of
 the CBC". Then an announcement was broadcasted mentioning Newfoundland and
 Labrador and finally CBC. The programme continued with some music. SINPO
 34433. Was this station CBG in Gander? According to my records it has only
 4 kW. I received this station with a SONY 2001 D using for MW only the
 built-in ferrite antenna.<<<

Very well possible. We heard it during the DSWCI DX meeting in Denmark last
weekend even on 10m short wires. CBG was mixing with Grenada and Colombia on
1400. So, medium wave was wide open from Chile to Canada. The CBC program on
1400 was // 6160 Northern Service. From my own experience I know that the
ICF-2001D is quite good on medium wave. Try a medium wave loop and you will
have quite a good set up for mw dx.

vy73
Harald