Re: [HCDX]: Re: Radio Thailand

Sonny

You are correct in your assertion that Klingenfuss says 13695.

However, most international broadcasters change frequencies for the Spring and
Summer
months as propagation differs. So, Thailand is no longer on 13695, but is on
15395 (where I listened to them last week).

 The Klingenfuss database, while good, was put together some time last fall(or
early winter). It cannot be
considered to be up-to-date, nor would you expect it to be anything other than a
snap-shot
of what was there at the time that the master was created for the CD. That's not
a fault with this
excellent database, its just that the world of shortwave is filled with constant
changes.

I suggest you go to http://www.ilgradio.de/ilgradio.htm, and request an access
account.
They generally have most of the latest frequencies to download. You will also
find that this
database (and the Klingenfuss database as well) work well with various receiver
interface programs
(I happen to use ERGO with my HF1000A). You don't have to have the receiver to
use ERGO
with this database, and it may help you understand what your might expect (it
does propagational
forecasting). I believe you can get a demo version of the ERGO program at their
website
http://members.home.net/creativexpress/

And look at this list of links for alternatives to ERGO
http://www.ilgradio.de/ilg-adsoftware.htm

I have no ties with ERG or ilgradio, just a very satisfied user

Good luck and good listening
Don