Subject: BULLETIN: New Solar Cycle Prediction Model Software Announcement
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:39:05 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Cary Oler"<oler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: solar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

                           NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT

                                   PredCyc

                    AN ADVANCED SOLAR CYCLE PREDICTION MODEL

                /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

                        http://solar.uleth.ca/predcyc

     We are pleased to announce the availability of a new software product
for Windows 95 and Windows 98 based computer systems. The new product is
named "PredCyc" and represents one of the most advanced and user-friendly
solar cycle prediction models available for personal computers.

     For years, the software required to predict and model the solar cycle
has been out of the reach of most amateurs due to the inherent complexity of
the inputs required to make these models run, as well as the continual
updates of the databases required to produce the most accurate predictions.
Knowledge of when and how to change the behaviour of the models so that the
appropriate regression techniques are applied to the model has also been a
major limiting factor. As a result, most amateurs have had to wait for major
forecast centers to issue and update the predictions. This has all changed
with the introduction of PredCyc.

     PredCyc will provide amateurs and professionals alike with exceptionally
user-friendly access to the well-known and time-tested McNish-Lincoln solar
cycle prediction model. With a few simple clicks of your mouse, you can
display and/or print the most recent solar cycle model predictions.

     PredCyc will model and predict sunspot numbers and 10.7 cm solar radio
flux values up to 120 months (10 years) into the future. The McNish-Lincoln
model is the same model that the Space Environment Center and other
organizations have used in the past to make solar cycle predictions.

     You can use PredCyc to make your own predictions of the solar cycle. The
software will let you non-destructively change the smoothed sunspot numbers
or solar flux values for the last six or more months, or add your own
predicted values for the NEXT FUTURE 6 or more months. By modifying or adding
data to the model, you can visibly see how the predictions change.

     PredCyc includes a complete database of all smoothed monthly sunspot
numbers from the year 1749 to the present, as well as all smoothed monthly
10.7 cm solar radio flux values from 1948 to the present. Using these
databases, you can see how your predictions compare with previous solar
cycles by plotting previous cycles of data together with your predictions.

     Use PredCyc each month to download the latest solar flux and
sunspot number data from our Internet server, free of charge, by simply
connecting to the Internet and clicking on the option that retrieves the
latest data from the Internet.

     The software comes packaged with a user-friendly User's Manual that can
be viewed and/or printed using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software
(freely available at: http://www.adobe.com).

     PredCyc can be downloaded from the Internet with simple-to-use
installation instructions, or ordered on CD or two floppy disks. The software
is priced at $20 USD for immediate shipment over the Internet (see below if
shipment via postal mail is desired).

     To obtain your copy of this new software, please fill out the
accompanying order form, or go to the site: http://solar.uleth.ca/predcyc
and fill out the order form there. For more information regarding this
software, go to: http://solar.uleth.ca/predcyc

--------------------------------> Cut Here <------------------------------

                    PREDCYC - SOLAR CYCLE PREDICTION MODEL
                             SOFTWARE ORDER FORM

     I herewith desire to place an order for the PredCyc Solar Cycle
Prediction Model software package, to be delivered to:

    NAME:  ______________________________________________________________

 ADDRESS:  ______________________________________________________________

   PHONE:  _____________________________________

     FAX:  _____________________________________

  E=MAIL:  ______________________________________________________________

I REQUIRE THE SOFTWARE SHIPPED TO ME USING:

     [  ] - The Internet (no additional shipping charge)

     [  ] - Postal mail (please include an additional $10 USD)

I WOULD LIKE THE SOFTWARE SHIPPED ON:

     [  ] - An accessible file on the Internet (no additional charge)
            with e-mailed instructions on how to install it.

     [  ] - A single CD-ROM (additional $5 USD)

     [  ] - Two 3.5" HD disks (additional $7 USD)

I REQUIRE: ________ COPIES OF THIS SOFTWARE AT $20 USD PER COPY (plus above).

TOTAL COST OF THIS ORDER: $_____________ USD (E-MAIL US FOR THE CDN PRICE)

I AM PAYING FOR THIS ORDER VIA:

          [  ] - CHECK OR MONEY ORDER IN U.S. FUNDS

          [  ] - VISA CREDIT CARD (ONLY VISA ACCEPTED)

                    Name of Card-Holder: _________________________________

                       VISA Card Number: _________________________________

                  VISA Card Expiry Date: _________________________________

      VISA Receipts will be postal mailed to the recipient noted on the
      "NAME" line of this order form, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

I HAVE FAXED THIS ORDER TO EITHER OF THE SECURE FAX LINES AT:
+1-403-756-3008, OR TO: +1-403-756-2380, OR HAVE POSTAL MAILED MY PAYMENT
(MADE PAYABLE TO THE "SOLAR TERRESTRIAL DISPATCH") FOR THIS SOFTWARE TO:

                          Solar Terrestrial Dispatch
                                 P.O. Box 357
                              Stirling, Alberta
                                   T0K 2E0
                                    Canada

I understand shipment of this software via postal mail may require two to
three weeks (as much as four weeks for overseas), while shipment of the
software using the Internet will be made possible to me via e-mailed
instructions within 24 to 48 hours. I undestand that there can be no refund
for this software should I be dissatisfied with it in any way. Further, I
understand the software operates on Windows 95 or Windows 98 systems and is
not compatible with systems running Windows 3.1.

FAILURE TO SIGN AND DATE THIS ORDER FORM CONSTITUTES A VOID FORM AND WILL
*NOT* BE PROCESSED.