[HCDX]: ADMIN: some quick comments

Hi all,

1) I had some problems with my server yesterday. This resulted to some
duplicates, triplicates... of some emails on the list. Thank you to
everyone who emailed me and pointed this thing out to me. System has
been stable since then and hopefully I don't need to do those frequent
reboots again.

2) Lately there has been increasing about of "thank you", "good catch",
"high-5" type emails on the list. If you want to make comments like
that, please direct those to the sender of the email, not to the list
and to all hundreds of subscribers. Usually those have not much of
Hard-Core-DX value and should be kept out of this list. Note that
default setting of the list is to respond to the list, not to the
original sender.

3) I will be moving early July. We bought a house (if you are
interested, pic is in http://www.kotalampi.com/pics/house.jpg) and it
looks like we will be moving there on the week of July 5th. This will
probably cause some interruptions in the Hard-Core-DX service. This is
because I don't know how quickly I will be able to cut over the
phonelines and get computers set up again. Also, as soon as we get
seattled in I'm going to get ADSL in and that will improve delivery of
the mails dramatically. Oh, and I will soon get a Sparc Station 2 with
Solaris 7 to my computer roster to balance the load little bit.

Yours,

Risto Kotalampi