Re: [HCDX]: Indonesia-DX

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Schnitzer <mschnitzer@xxxxxxx>
An: hard-core-dx <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: Dienstag, 8. Juni 1999 22:37
Betreff: [HCDX]: Indonesia-DX

>Hello everywhere,
>
>on occasion of the general elections in Indonesia I yesterday tried to tune
>in to some local stations from that interesting country. Here now the
>results:
>
>3264.7  RRI Gorontalo, June 7, 2120-2125, BI, speech.  33222
>
>3325  RRI Palangkaraya, June 7, 2125-2130, BI, man crying names, may be
>election results; SINPO 32322
>
>3344.8 RRI Ternate, June 7, 2105-2115, BI, news, ID.  33222
>
>4753.3  RRI Ujung Pandang, June 7, 2115-2120, BI, OM talking.  SINPO 32322
>
>Due to the European summer time I had much more atmospheric noise,
>especially on 90m, confronted to the situation in december or january.
>
>vy 73
>
>Michael Schnitzer

Michael,
After my message from last Sunday I tried the same thing (of course), at
about the same time as you did.
I also heard 3344.8 RRI Ternate and 3264.7 RRI Gorontalo (with a smal het of
a station around 3264.9, maybe RRI Bengkulu ?, I hear this regularly, but
have not yet succeeded in getting readable audio).
I also heard a signal on 3325.
Are you really sure this was RRI Palangkaraya ?
At first, I thought this too, but I had some doubts if the language was BI.
At the same time I heard a strong Portuguese signal on 3244.6 (R. Cl de
Varginha, Brasil), indicating an opening to Brasil. (R. Cancao Nova on 4825
also present with strong signal) The signal on 3325 sounded to me more like
a pentecostal preacher that is so omnipresent on Brasilan stations than like
elections results. Therefore I assumed this station might be R. Super Tupi
(SP). However, soon after 2140 the signal was drowned by utility qrm, so I
could not get an ID at 2200.
Apart from the above RRI stations I got a weak carrier and some talk on
4874.5. Signal was extremely weak, but I presumed this may have been RRI
Sorong (heard in the past on this odd frequency). Signal faded out around
2145, in line with possible location on Irian Jaya.

Regards,
Aart Rouw
Bühl
Germany