[HCDX]: 1270 North Atlantic Radio

Greetings from Maakeski.

The first proper Dx session for a looong time to me offered
an interesting logging:

1270   12.6.   2010 UTC  SEVER-ATLANTIK RADIO / NORTH ATLANTIC RADIO
                         I believe the aeroplane station has landed
                         and is now operating on ground. On which
                         ground, that's the question. Good signal,
                         occasionally stronger than Deutschlandfunk!
                         It's difficult to believe that aeroplane
                         operation would produce that good signal.
                         Many clear ID:s, and interval music was
                         'Zorba The Greek' - who knows why!
                         Kari Kallio caught the "Atlantik" part of ID,
                         and then I began to wonder what was 'north'
                         in Russian. From the name of Severnaya Zemlya
                         I remembered it. Teamwork-ID:ing works!

1269   12.6.   2050      Tentatively KBC Ngong/Nairobi. Hannu Marjamaki
                         noticed African here while trying to catch the
                         previous station.
1440   12.6.   2115      Radio One, Dar-es-Salaam. Nowadays a frequent
                         guest every summer. Direction of antenna was
                         significant: Hannu listened to this, I heard
                         only Saudi-Arabia.

Other loggings:

1470   12.6.   2345      UNID Brazil. Perhaps Ceara. Other unidentified
                         brazilians also on 1510, 1570 and 1600 (the last
                         one R 9 de Julho, Sao Paulo). Not worth of further
                         inspection. They will be heard again.
3310   13.6.   -0103*    R Mosoj Chaski with a stunning signal. Enormous
                         strength shows how well the other stations could
                         be heard too, if their transmitters and antennas
                         were as fresh and new as the ones of Chaski.
4826   13.6.   0112      R Sicuani. Actually, TV Broadcast of NHL Final
                         Dallas Stars - Buffalo Sabres (also on 873,1107,1143)
                         was more interesting than Latin American DXing,
                         this time.
7465   12.6.   -2200*    R Europe 41, pirate.
11470  12.6.   2200-     SWRS / Rock-It Radio, pirate. USB.

GO DALLAS GO!

Best wishes, Lahti Radio Hobbyists' DXpedition crew:
Pauli Holm, Kari Kallio, Jari Lehtinen, Hannu Marjamaki.

Jari Lehtinen
Lahti, Finland