[HCDX]: (Presumed) Somali stations on the 6 MHz band.

[HCDX]: (Presumed) Somali stations on the 6 MHz band.

A number of stations, perhaps of Somali origin, seem to be active on the 6
MHz band. Below are the results of some observations made in the last weeks
here in Taranto, in the south of Italy.

UNID on 6689 kHz in (presumed) Somali. 18.50-19.02. At 18.51 TK by a male
speaker, tentative ID as "Radio Somalia" followed by Horn of Africa style
MX, at 18.55 Holy Quran, at 18.57 MX, at 18.58 (presumed) National Anthem
and S/OFF. The signal was fair.

Perhaps someone could help me in identifying a station, perhaps, of Somali
origin which brodcasts on 6980/6985 kHz.
I received this station for the first time on 20th June, 1999, between 1741
and 1801 on 6980 kHz. The programme consisted of a number of Horn of Africa
style songs. The station closed down abruptly and without any announcement
at 1801. Reception was fair.

The same thing happened on July 3rd. Also this time the station played a
number of Horn of africa style songs but on a different frequency: 6985 kHz.
Reception time was from 1730 to 1758. Once again the station closed down
abruptly and without any announcement at 1758. Reception was fair.