[HCDX]: ex-CBC frequencies/K9AY terminated loops

[HCDX]: ex-CBC frequencies/K9AY terminated loops

Well, for my my money the two most recently vacated CBC frequencies,
haven't produced much excitement yet.

After CBM departed 690, CBU was probably my best catch - three times now
(and most recently this morning from 0455, again coming through with a
nice Radio One ID and CBC flourish on the hour and into CBC news). Next
in line was the Mexican XEMA, in Fresnillo. Recuerdo and Progreso were
regulars on many nights, with even one or two showings of Venezuela's
Radio Barquisimeto. Lack of adjacent channel slop made for some good
reception of The Beeb on 693, though Spain on 684 wasn't nearly as good
because of CFTR on 680.

I have kept an eye on 940, and more recently 740. A new one on 940 is
CJGX Yorkton, SK, which I can hear regularly on the northwest wire of my
K9AY loops. I have been hunting CBX and KCBS on 740. So far no luck, but
switching to the the K9AY northeast wire gave me CHCM a few times.

used on the Newfoundland DXpedition, the wire length is 90 feet. The
triangular loops have 30 foot sides, held up with a center mast of 26
feet. It's the same configuration that I'm using here in Guelph.

--
Regards,
Werner Funkenhauser