[HCDX]: KHWY / KIOQ

Hi:

I am posting this information here as I have been unable to get an E
Mail to Leonard Hyde. The address <big_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> does not seem
to work. The E Mail has been returned twice. Hopefully Leonard will see
this.

He was asking about the history ok KHWY / KIOQ (Folsom, CA). I can give
some information on this station from the mid 80s, as I have both call
letters QSL'd.
   Per the KHWY (K-Highway) the station signed on January 1985. The
station ran 50 KW day / 1 KW nights. The station s/on with C&W format in
Jan 85. My QSL 7/85 was signed by the whole staff and the letter was
typed by Michael "Music" Frank. Gaye Alan was the station manager. The
address for the station was, 409 Glenn Drive, Folsom  CA  95630.
   In 1987 they went rock and changed to KIOQ. Same address, QSL letter
signed this time by Gene Lane "KIOQ 1030" and "The Rock" were their IDs.
Shortly after that, the station went dark. A story was going around the
owner got into some trouble. The property was sold. If you want more
information, Gary Jackson in Sacramento knows more I think.
Hope that helps.

73s,

Patrick
http://www.CallingHollywood.com