[HCDX]: Re: AR7030 MEMORY function

Dear friends,
that is really strange. Let me fresh your memory again. I wrote this:

>The only disadventage is that it is impossible to scan memories downwards
in
>one step. When you scan memories upwards, you just press the MEMORY button,
>but if you want to go downwards you must press the "-" (minus) button and
>MEMORY.

Bjarne relied:

Karel's message could leave the impression that it is more difficult to do a
manual scan downwards than upwards.  This is not correct.  While it is true
that the "default" setting is scan up when pressing MEM, one only needs to
press "-" and MEM to begin downward scanning. Pressing MEM again will scan
one more step down.  If one wants to scan upwards again, press "+" and MEM.
The receiver remembers the "direction" of the manual scan as long as it has
power on.
--- Bjarne Mjelde

And Mauno wrote me back this:

But did you notice that you have to press the minus button only once, i.e.
just to change the direction of scanning? That in my mind isn't explained
clearly enough in the manual.
--- Mauno Ritola

It is really strange because my receiver does not work this way! (It is the
first version of AR7030, not the AR7030 PLUS version).
When I want to scan memories up, I just press the MEMORY button. But- again-
when I want to scan memories down, I must press the "-" (minus) button and
the MEMORY button every time. It does not work so that I just "change the
direction".
If I do not press the "-" button, the scanning goes UP again !!!

Is it a fault of my receiver only? What do other proud owners of AOR AR7030
say?

Thanks and GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik,
the Czech Republic