[HCDX]: Pedition log

Hi all.
October 5-10 I was at my lakeside cottage some
40 km north of my home-qth and did some listenong too.
The conditions were below average and almost continuous
rain didn't help a bit. The 10-meters (28 MHz) ham-band
was wide open a few days, but lower BC-DX bands did not
show any special rise in the signal strength.
I used Icom R-71 with 150m wires E and S, two 40m wires
to W directions, a sloper beaming W and a 60mb dipole.
Haven't gone through the tapes yet, but here some loggings:

1107.0   1900   G: MFR, Inverness with nx. Oct.8
1116.0   2300   G: The Valley, Ebbw Vale. Announcing 9-99 and 11-16.
                   I wonder where is this 999 tx located? Oct.9
1349.9   2232 GRC: ERA. Pyrgos listed here. Was file://981. Maybe this is
                   the same qth that private Pyrgos BS used the good
                   old days. Oct.6
1449.0   0027 MLD: VO Maldives, Male. Sign-on ceremonies. Europe was
                   very quiet at the moment and this came through the
                   UK/Italy mess. Oct.7
1485.0   1500 HOL: Haagstad R. With Hindi-mx and ads. Oct.9
3275.1   0255 MOZ: Tent. R Mozambique with IS and EE ann. Have to check
                   the tape later. Oct.6
4824.4   0211 PRU: LV de la Selva, Iquitos. Oct.6
4870.0  -0320 EQA: Unid. 0318 heard Spanish talks here and went to have
                   some more coffee. At 0319, when back, heard words
                   "Republica del Ecuador" and anthem/s-off. Yes, you're
                   right, the tape was not running. With my luck this
                   was Galapagos with only-one-day operation :-). Well,
                   just wonder what I missed here. Oct.8
4960.1   0400 DOM: R Villa, S.D. "Ritmo radial Roberto Vargas". This is
                   nowadays strongest LA on the band. Oct.8
4990.9   0540 SUR: R Apintie, Paramaribo. This Sunday morning still here
                   with non-stop pops and occasional Dutch ID. Weekend
                   extended sked or maybe they are now closing much later
                   than listed? Was still on at 0620 recheck. Oct.10
6130.0U  0155 CAN: CHNX, Halifax. Readable under VOA! When VOA closed at
                   0200 and left the fq free, this came really loud.
                   Power increase or maybe just good cx peak? Oct.8
7494.6   1555 CHN: This station still bothers me. One day at 1230 I
                   heard them ID as Xinjiang RGD, but later they start
                   to relay another program and its ID isn't clear to me.
                   Today they even had EE echoed ID as "FM 90.5".
                   Some days they continue past 1600. Oct.5

Well. that's it from the log. Have to start digging the tapes, maybe
something new shows up.
Best 73s

Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski