[HCDX]: Monitoring South Asia

I observed during my tune in to stations from the mentioned region the
followings:

INDIA: All India Radio with usual receptions in the 60 meter band, but
there were also heard unusual frequencies  for the time I heard (Oct 16,
1530 UTC) on 4880 kHz with English news in parallel with 4850, 4800 a.o. I
observed also extended programes in English on AIR Hyderabad  at 1604 with
speech mentioning social democracy and Willy Brandt untill 1629 when a
local ID from Hyderabad followed.

PAKISTAN: English news (also yesterday Oct 16) at 1608 followed by a
commentary also in English about the "new administration" on the Azad
Kaschmir frequency 4790.4 kHz. Today (Oct 17) on 7307.2 heard with English
news untill 1645 when the Urdu ID "Radio Pakistan Islamabad" followed.

THAILAND: Radio Thailand heard (Oct 16) on 4830 kHz with local music,
chimes, ID and close down at 1600; then again with intervall signal, ID at
2157 (seemes that this was the sign on).

TAJIKISTAN: 4965 kHz at 1545 (Oct 16) English talk mentioning Gorbatchov.
This maybe is a change from 4975 kHz of  "The Voice of Russia" relay.

73s
Erich Bergmann
Ansbach, Germany