Re: [HCDX]: Introduction

At 18:00 18.10.99 +0200, you wrote:
>Nice receivers you have there. I have an old Collins R390A and some newer
>receivers from Icom the R71E and the new R75. I have been a DX-er since 1963
>and still find this very amusing. You may find some more information on my
>website. Don't hesitate to ask if you have problems with mediumwave
reception.
>You may write in German, good training for me!
>
>Gert Nilsson

Hi Gert,

thanks for the reply. Great to 'meet' another R-390A user. Just been in and
out of one of my 390A´s, exchanging all the old leaky capacitors and a good
number of resistors that were way out of spec. The SP-600 JX17 is next in
line. Got him only a week ago. Even though performance is OK I better bring
him up to specs again. Also needs a realignment. Probably hasn´t been done
since 1953.

As soon as I get into MW I shall have no reservations screaming for help ;-)

73 de Thomas

P.S. Have you changed C´s 553 and 549 in yours ? If you want to keep your
filters, it´s a good idea...