[HCDX]: G Hauser's Shortwave/DX Report 99-71

        GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-71, Dec 10, 1999

{Items from this and all our reports may be reproduced and re-
reproduced only providing full credit be maintained at all stages. If
excerpting, add: (Via Glenn Hauser's SW/DX Report)}

THIS WEEK ON WORLD OF RADIO 1015: See topic summary at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/worldofradio/wor1015.html

WORLD OF RADIO ON WWCR SAT 1230 ON 15685: V. of Tibet left 15685 for
9920, then back to 15645:

KAZAKSTAN V Of Tibet in Tibetan via Almaty 500 kW/135 degrees
1220-1255 NF 9920 (45544)  (x15685 via Dushanbe-TJK, now 15645).

U.S.A.   "World of Radio" via WWCR from Nov 2O: 1230-1300 Sat NF 15685
(34443) (x12160), 15685 is clear, VoTibet moved 9920 (c.f. Kazakstan)
(Observer, Bulgaria, Dec 1) [V o Tibet heard last Sat on 15645 again,
ed. = Bueschel]

** ALBANIA. R. Tirana B-99 schedule includes:

LANGUAGE   AREA            UT                 kHz
English    Europe          2015-2030          9510, 7180
                           2230-2300          7160, 9635, 1215
           N-America       0245-0300          6115, 7160
                           0330-0400          6115, 7160
Albanian   N-America       0000-0300          6090, 7270
                           0300-0600          6090, 7270
Web http://rtsh.sil.at/ (via Juergen Kubiak, World Wide DX Club via
Radioincontro Dec 9, excerpted and changed to UT by Hauser)

** AUSTRALIA. December 20 is the 60th anniversary of Radio Australia.
The station is planning a low-key celebration with short historical
features appearing between programs during the month to mark the
occasion. FEEDBACK will note the anniversary during next weekend's
edition. Also...as we approach the Holiday Season, listeners to RA
are reminded that it is summer in the southern hemisphere and the
next six weeks or so are prime vacation periods in Australia. There
are likely to be many changes in programming on RA, which we will
make every effort to track for you.

UT Sun Dec 12 at 0030 on 21740: IN THE PIPELINE: CONVERGING
COMMUNICATIONS* - (Part 1) - The 13 week series on coming to grips
with digital technology is repeated starting this week. # 1: The
Digital Box. Digital Television is set to begin in Australia on
January 1st, 2001 and digital radio soon after. This event will be of
far greater significance than the introduction of black and white
analogue television in the 1950?s. Digitisation will allow for the
convergence of audio, video, text and data to be fed into the box in
the lounge room. Apart from being able to access a multi-channel
environment and high definition pictures, it will open up a whole new
range of community and commercial information services. The digital
pipeline which delivers information and entertainment will also
provide us with the necessary technology to become players in this
new ?information age? from our own home. (Broadcast earlier on Fri.
1830 and Sat. 0530; Also Sun. 2130.) (John Figliozzi, swprograms)

** CANADA. CBC's new Lost and Found Sound series appeared Fri Dec 10
at 1408-1427 on RCI 9640, 13650 and 17710 - this week, family
recordings from the WW II era. Usual web archiving notices and plug
for NPR's original version but without time: Fridays 2135/2200,
repeated two-hourly (Glenn Hauser, OK)

** CANADA. December 8, 1999. I learned this morning, direct from Jim
Connell of 940 News that the station has received authorized call
letters of CINW, and that the CINF call letters being used for the
past few days on Info 690 are also now legal. According to Gazette
Radio & TV columnist Mike Boone in his column today, the all-news
format for 940 News and Info 690 will begin on Tuesday, December 14,
at 11 AM Eastern time (1600 UTC). (Sheldon Harvey Canadian Int. DX
Club Radio H.F.)

** COLOMBIA. Dear Friends and colleagues: During the second and third
week of January 2000 I will be visiting the city of Villavicencio,
visiting the radio stations of this city. For friends that are
interested I will be trying to get verifications from the following
radio stations:

4885 Ondas del Meta
5955 Caracol Villavicencio
5975 Radio Autenticas/Radio Macarena
6115 La Voz del Llano

For this please send me reports by airmail NOT E- mail. If possible
enclose some memento for the radio stations.  Afterwards I will
communicate the results, and ask for some return postage. (RAFAEL
RODRIGUEZ R. Apartado Aereo 67751, Santafe de Bogotá, D.C., COLOMBIA)

** IRELAND [non]. RTE's final broadcast via WWCR will be Sat Dec 11
at 2000 on 12160 (Adam Lock, WWCR)

** KOREA NORTH. Radio Pyongyang - updated to Dec-05
1200-1300 English 13650 11335 9975 9850 9640 3560
1500-1600 English 13760 11710 9335 6575 4405
1600-1700 English 9975 9600 6520 3560
1900-2000 English 13760 11710 9335 6575 4405
0000-0100 English 15180 13760 11710 4405
0100-0200 English 17735 15230 11735 3560
0200-0300 English 13650 11845
(Shigenori Aoki, Electronic DX Press; gh excerpted English only)

** MAURITANIA. Mauritanian radio announced on 7th December that
during the month of Ramadan the times of some news bulletins would
change, as follows: The evening French bulletin will be broadcast at
2000 gmt. The Friday midday French bulletin will be broadcast at 1430
gmt. The morning bulletin in Arabic and local dialects will be
broadcast at 0730 gmt.

Mauritanian radio also announced that during Ramadan it would sign on
at 1200 gmt and sign off at 0800 gmt the following morning. Source:
Radio Mauritania, Nouakchott, in Arabic 2200 gmt 7 Dec 99 ((c) BBC
Monitoring)

>From its extreme west African position, this can actually be heard as
late as 0800 to the west and north on 60 metres (Hauser)

** MOLDOVA [non]. Besides the three English broadcasts of RMI in 99-
69, confirmed the fourth at 2130 on 7520 to Europe. Re-listening to
tape of the announcement, it still sounds like 11680 at 1500 rather
than 11580 at 1300 (Alan Roe, England, Dec 8-9)

** PORTUGAL [and non]. New sked of R Portugal to E Timor from Nov 26:
0900-1000 & 1100-1200 Port, 1000-1100 Tetum 17725
2100-2200 & 2300-2400 Port, 2200-2300 Tetum new 15175 (x17725),
//11550 via TWN 1000-1100 & 2200-2300 Tetum (Observer, Bulgaria, Dec
1)

** RUSSIA. R. Gardarika leaves SW. Last minute sad information: R.
Gardarika will not be able to broadcast on Dec 10-12 and 17-19 at
2130-2330 UTC on 5865 and 7180 kHz by financial considerations. I am
very sorry that my previous reports about these transmissions are
invalid in full... (Mikhail Timofeyev, St. Petersburg, Dec 10)

** U S A. Dear Mr. Glenn Hauser, A friend on mine said, "Marion, your
name is in this magagize !". She gave me December's issue of
Monitoring Times. Glenn, thank-you very much for mentioning my
Shortwave Radio Show, "Marion's Attic". I am still on the air at 4:30
PM eastern time every tuesday. [2130 UT on 7415]
            I play antique recordings on original equipment up in my
attic. I have a pleasurable time recording my shows because I can now
share these treasures of long ago. I have an attic full of cylinder
and disc records. My favorite brand of recordings are Edison Records.
I feature music, comedy, orations and and stories from the late
1890's to late 20's.
            Glenn, if you wish to see my own Web Site, please go to
my address: http://members.aol.com/marionweb. A young lady friend
helped me with it, my thanks to her. There you can see a picture (an
old one) of me.
            It makes an old lady very happy that she has radio fans.
I've gotten some wonderful e-mail from around North America ! All of
which has been kind words. One man from Massachusetts says he records
my show and listens when he goes walking. Another has complemented me
on the quality of the sound. Thanks to Mr. Allan Weiner for his
reasonable rates and top notch facilty, WBCQ, The Planet.
            Also, I have found "Monitoring Times" very interesting
reading. The radios in there look very different than my Philco
Console in the living room. I understand you have a radio show also.
I will try to tune in. I think it's not too late to spend the money
for a digital Shortwave Radio ! It's wounderful to see a modern
shortwave magazine with such interesting articles. Thank-you for your
time. Keep up the good work ! Lovingly, (Marion Webster, Dec 10)

** U S A [non]. VOA News Now via Philippines missing from usual 9760,
leaving quite a hole in the dial, before and after 1300 Dec 10. Still
could be heard from other sites on 9645; before 1300 on 9780, after
on 9355. Temporarily down for maintenance?? Back on at 1437 check
(Glenn Hauser, OK)

** U S A. Thought you might like to know Glen that the 75th episode
of Space Ghost Coast to Coast premieres Friday night, with Conan O
Brian the sole guest. I can promise it is an excellent show. (Tom
Roche, upsidedown editor for the show) That's UT Sat 0400, repeated
UT Mon 0530 on the eastcoast feed of the Cartoon Network; on the
westcoast feed, both 3 hours later (Hauser)                  ###