[HCDX]: CHRB 1140 - High River, AB

Hello all!

12/11/99-12/12/99
Was carelessly tuning around the AM dial tonight and stopped on 1140 to see what I could hear.  WRVA was weak with rel programming and fighting with a catholic program.  Imagine my surprise when I heard the catholic station ID right before the top of the hour (which was 0000 EST):

"Every Saturday at 8:00 on Southern Alberta's family radio station, AM 1140." by male.  Then to female "Celebrating the reason for the Christmas season, 365 days a year, Southern Alberta's inspirational radio station, AM 1140."

Ran downstairs to confirm this, then headed back to the radio and found them playing c&w....then another ID came around 0012: "The community radio station for Parkland, and all of southern Alberta, this is AM 1140, thanks for listening."  then back to c&w music.

Later checked in #MWDX on EFnet and tipped off the crew in there, and this station was also heard in Ontario and in Wisconsin.  Someone forget to switch to nightime pattern?

AB #1 here and only my second Canadian province from Brasstown. No sign of any other Western US or Canada stations though (No KSL, KOA, etc...)

Report is being sent Monday!!

Thanks

Loyd Van Horn
Brasstown, NC
ICOM R-72 with 175' longwire oriented WNW-ESE