Re: [HCDX]: 5035 unid

Don Moore wrote:

> I would bet Joe Howell's unid is Radio Aparecida in
> Brazil. Although he said it was in Spanish, it's easy
> to mistake Portuguese for Spanish if you are not
> familiar with the languages. The city of Aparecida is
> the site of the holy shrine of the patron saint of
> Brazil. The station is owned by the Roman Catholic
> church and carries lots of religious programming -
> which fits exactly with the programming he described. I
> don't know where Joe is located, but here in Iowa in
> the central USA, Radio Aparecida is frequently heard
> around 0000 UTC. There are a couple of parallel
> frequencies - 9630 and 11855 - and often one or both of
> those can be heard at the same time with identical
> programming.

Yes, it's very weak, as I said, and it's hard to differentiate Spansih
from Portugese at the levels I've been hearing it at. However, it sounds
more like Spanish from what I've been able to catch.  R. Aparecida is
easily heard here (I'm in Arizona), and I will check for parallels next
time I catch it.

Thanks for Don Mooore's help and everyone elses' as well.

73
--
Joe Howell
<jhowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>