[HCDX]: WRTH 2000 is out

Sorry to DXA and A-DX readers for using English.  I don't feel like typing
this message three times.
-

I have the new WRTH 2000 since yesterday.  After last year
accuracy-disaster, I was of course very curious what this year's issue would
bring.  Last year we had to give the editor some extra credit because of the
sudden take over of the project.  Here are some thoughts about this year's
issue.  This is not an in-depth research but just a little comparison with
last year after nosing about for an hour or so. This is not an in-depth
research.  Just a little comparison with last year after nosing about for an
hour or so.

- Countries are in alphabetic order, and not divided into continents.  The
international radio section is still kept apart while drawing a line between
national and international radio is very difficult.  Some foreign language
broadcasts are found under national radio.

- In the International Radio section, it is now indicated if the schedule is
the one of the current winter B99 period.  If this indication is missing,
the presented schedule is an old one.  A lot of them have the winter period
indication, but there are also schedules without that marking for stations
which schedule was surely available at the book's deadline (e.g. R Canada
Int.).

- The Frequency list 'Shortwave stations of the world' contains now only
International broadcasters.  All national stations are left out.  That means
that the complete tropical band is only covered on half a page.  Positive is
the Time signal stations are in bold.

- For the 3rd consecutive year, there is nothing listed for Burundi, neither
for Barbados nor Galapagos.  It is although very simple to find out if there
is something in the book for this country.  If you check page 614 with the
country index, you'll find Burundi and the others with the space for the
page indication left blank.

- The used paper is, just like last year, too thick.  It can't be kept open
unless you crack the paperback.

- Just like last year, there is no listing for WBCQ under USA.  Also no
WTJC.  No frequency is given for WWBS while (as far as I can recall) this
has always been 11900 kHz.

- The television section is shrunk to only 32 pages.  It doesn't give
stations locations and channels anymore but only the range in which they are
operating.  Not very usefull of course.

It will surely be the last time I'll buy it every year.