Re: [HCDX]: 7325 kHz

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Reijo Alapiha wrote:

> On sundays I have listened to Radio Monte Carlo in
> arabic on 7325 kHz at 17.00 UTC.
> Sign on is at 17.00 and IDs are clear
> "Radio Monte Carlo". What is this station?
>

> Reijo Alapiha
>
> Joensuu FINLAND

This is perhaps a shortwave relay of the MW broadcast of Radio Monte Carlo
from Monaco.  This broadcast, which is relayed from Cape Greco in
Cyprus on MW on 1233 kHz, is widely listened to in the Middle East and
Mediterranean region; it has 600 kW and is in both Arabic and French,
according to the WRTH.  They have news in Arabic on the hour.  I'm not
sure where this 7325 relay is from, but when I checked the HFCC database
just now, I saw that 7325 is in use at 1700 in Armenia and in Issoudun,
France; I wonder if RMC could have hired time from Armenia.  I just tried
Radio Monte Carlo's web site at http://www.rmc.mc , but all they have is a
notice in French that the site is under construction. If anyone has
anything more definite, I hope they'll be kind enough to pass it along.

Also, for listeners in North America, Radio Monte Carlo has an Arabic
relay via Sackville, Canada, which is listed in Passport's "Voices from
Home" and Blue Pages on 5960 kHz at 0400-0420 UTC this time of
year.  Passport mentions that RMC via Sackville have sometimes used
9755 at this time, too, so that could be worth trying.  They have also
been known to be on 6040 in the summers from 0300-0320.

I don't know if this is much help, but maybe someone else knows what
the site is.

73--
Marie Lamb