[HCDX]: Re: Colombian nets(was Ecuador)

Henrik Klemetz wrote ...

> the Cadena Solar network) and both Colombian
> networks are quite commendable for their
> Latin American news coverage.

Indeed they are. From here in Iowa in 1992, I listened
to Caracol's coverage of the US presidential election
returns while simultaneoulsy watching coverage on the
US TV networks (flipping between the various channels).
I was very impressed with their coverage. I remember
there were a few cases where they announced that a
particular state had be carried by a certain candidate
before the particular US TV network that I had on. They
also scooped the US TV networks on Dan Quayle giving
his concession speech. (In fact, Caracol carried the
whole speech with voice-over translation in Spanish -
none of the US networks showed more than a brief
excerpt. Of course, they may have been a sign of how
important everyone considered Vice President Quayle.)

Regardless, over the years I have developed a great
deal of respect for Caracol news (and RCN, although
it's not on SW anymore).

Don Moore   mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx

=====
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx