Re: [HCDX]: UNID on 1660 kHz

In a message dated 2-12-2000 3:59:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
djaci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The station plays old music, and according to the WRTH 2000, it could be
KXOL, even so only a clean reception  could elucidate this mystery. >>

     Are you familiar with popular music from the United States?  If so,
perhaps you can be more certain of what you heard by considering this.  WMIB
plays mostly soft music which appeals to people who are 60 or 70 years old.
They play Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, and groups like the Carpenters, Pat
Boone, Barbra Streisand, Neil Diamond, etc.

     KXOL plays groups like The Beatles, The Supremes, Beach Boys and The
Temptations.  The music on KXOL is faster (more uptempo).  You might hear
"Jailhouse Rock", "I Want to Hold Your Hand", "(I Can't Get No)
Satisfaction", and "Hanky Panky".

     I hope this information can help you to at least feel more confident of
what you heard.

Brian Goodrich